Job role: Support Worker.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Casual.
Salary: $40.26 per hour.
Shift & Schedule:
- Weekend availability.
- Night shift.
- Rotating roster.
- Shift work.
- We are a leading disability services provider in NSW and the ACT, providing services and support for people with disability and their families and carers.
- You will have your contribution valued and have opportunities to grow your career with us.
- A family-friendly workplace is offered and support is provided for staff to manage their home and work lives effectively.
- A new recognition and rewards program enables discounts at various retail and entertainment outlets.
About the job.
Northcott is currently looking for several committed, friendly, and professional individuals to join our team in the Illawarra region; this will be on a casual basis.
Reporting to the Coordinator, you will be required to appropriately support customers with opportunities to reach their individual goals through meaningful activities in our In-Home and Community (IHC) services.
- A demonstrated commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs of our customers.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with our customers and to support their care plans, as appropriate.
- Experience supporting customers with psychosocial disability, dementia, Intellectual disability, Acquired brain injuries, epilepsy, and behaviors of concern.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility to work on a 24/7 rotating roster; you will be required to work across morning, afternoon, and active night shifts, including weekend and public holiday shifts.
- A current Australian Driver’s Licence.
- NSW Working With Children Check (or willingness to obtain).
- NDIS Worker Check (or willingness to obtain).
- NDIS Worker Orientation Certificate (Quality, Safety & You).
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate (or willingness to obtain).