Job role: Advanced Nurse Practitioner.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Permanent
Country: United Kingdom.
About the Job.
Walton Medical Centre has an exciting opportunity for an advanced nurse practitioner to join our practice. This role can be offered on a full-time or part-time basis, with flexibility on days and hours. UK visa sponsorship is available.
The post-holder will be required to provide a high-quality, cost-effective service to the patients of the practice, diagnosing and prescribing treatments and drugs, working within defined procedures and protocols as laid down by the GPs.
You will carry out assessment, diagnosis, treatment, prescribing, referral, and discharge as appropriate, delivering key elements of the National Service Framework, and providing programs to promote public health and health protection, to improve health and reduce inequalities. You will work closely with a team of GPs and practice nurses.
Walton Medical Practice is situated in the traditional seaside resort of Walton-on-the-Naze, on the Essex coast. We have a list size of just over 8,300 patients. Our practice team includes 2 GP partners, a salaried GP, a clinical pharmacy team of 2, a nursing team of 10, and an efficient and effective reception and administrative team of 18.
The successful candidate will be employed by Colte Partnership, a GP super-partnership formed in June 2017. It brought together 9 local GP surgeries across Colchester and Tendring, serving approximately 98,000 patients. With the combined workforce, skills, and knowledge, we are in a unique position to assist our patients across the county.
As well as a general practice, we offer Extended Access appointments to enable all of our patients to access medical care in the evenings and weekends. We work collaboratively with external agencies to provide in-home services and social prescribing. We are working to be at the forefront of clinical research and have many more exciting ventures on the horizon.
Please see the attached job description for further information.
- Have current NMC registration.
- Have, or be undertaking, a master’s degree in clinical practice.
- Have a prescribing qualification.
- Have experience in providing multi-skilled healthcare and clinical treatment within primary care.
- Be able to demonstrate continued professional development and professionalism.
- Have experience of working on clinical systems, with the ability to enter and use patient data efficiently, whilst maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to liaise and communicate with clinical and administrative staff within the practice and partnership.