Job role: Health Care Aide.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Full-time.
Salary: $22 per hour.
Shift & Schedule:
- Weekends as needed.
- Evenings as needed
- On call.
About the Job.
Bloomsdale Health Services is where top-quality care and skilled performance are never a compromise. We help enrich the lives of our senior citizens/patients by providing fundamental care based on compassion, dedication, trust, and respect. We are a diversified health and social care service organization serving the healthcare staff needs of our Seniors’ Group Homes, Retirement Communities, Long-Term Care Facilities, and hospitals.
Our mission is to make a positive difference in the lives and well-being of our clients. We are committed and competent healthcare professionals. We strive to offer the highest excellence in patient care standards and quality services.
At Bloomsdale, Health and Safety are important to us. We provide all staff with proper training, screening tools for COVID-19, and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
As a Health Care Aide (HCA) with Bloomsdale, you will be responsible for providing exceptional personal care to our patients in Vulcan, Alberta. As an HCA with us, you will have an opportunity to provide exceptional care to enrich the lives of patients daily.
- Providing personal care, hygiene, and assistance with activities of daily living (bathing, toileting, skin care, feeding, etc.).
- Adhere to the safe work/risk management policies and procedures of Bloomsdale Health Services.
- Work within the Ethical Practice Framework of Bloomsdale Health Services.
- Understands the range of services provided by each division of the Bloomsdale family and how it contributes to our model.
- Continually assesses, identifies, and responds to new and changing needs of patients and communicates plan of action to patients when appropriate.
- Document records and reports of daily care: resident incident reports, restraint monitoring records medication administration records, etc.
- Assist in organizing leisure activities while facilitating the integration and inclusion of the community.
- Clean, sterilize, and disinfect instruments and equipment.
- Performing any other delegated tasks facilitated by regulated health professionals in compliance with the Bloomsdale Health Services contract.
- Valid Standard First Aid and Level C CPR (required)
- Experience in working with geriatric, palliative, surgical, and medical patients
- Valid Certificate as a Health Care Aide (HCA)
- Current First Aid / CPR Certificate.
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- Fully Vaccinated (COVID-19).
- Criminal background check.
- Availability to work days OR evenings including weekends.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work well within a changing environment.
- A demonstrated appreciation for quality improvement processes.
- Basic computer skills would be an asset.
- This is a physically demanding position and requires hand, arm, and shoulder dexterity, sensory ability, lifting to a maximum of approximately fifty-five (55) pounds, walking, climbing stairs, standing, bending, reaching, and frequent movement.