Job role: Healthcare Aide, Surgical.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Part-time.
Salary: $28.23–$29.26 per hour.
Shift & Schedule:
- Weekends as needed.
- Night shift.
- Evening shift.
- Day shift.
About the Job.
The Health Care Aide (HCA) is a member of the health care team, accountable for the day-to-day provisions of quality patient and family-centered care in a manner consistent with Pembroke Regional Hospital’s Mission, Vision, Values, and Strategic Direction. Under the direction of the RN/RPN or other regulated health professional, the HCA performs assigned functions as an unregulated care provider that supports the health care team in assisting patients in activities of daily living and supports the effective operation of patient care areas.
- Demonstrated knowledge of established Infection Control and Occupational Health & Safety practices;
- Demonstrated knowledge of sterility and aseptic technique;
- Demonstrated knowledge of body mechanics, safe lifting, and transfer practices;
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately communicate and manage a change in patient condition;
- Demonstrated ability to function independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrated effective problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats with patients, the public, colleagues, and other health disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary care team model.
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety.
- Demonstrated ability to set up or assist patients with meals.
- Demonstrated ability to chart and report care provided promptly.
- Embodies the LEAN ideology by actively and continually seeking opportunities for continuous improvement.