Job role: Maintenance Service/School Bus Driver.
Job Type: Part-time.
Shift & Schedule:
- Weekends as needed.
- No weekends.
- FREE TRAINING.
- COMPETITIVE WAGES.
- Nights and Weekends Off.
- Supplement your income.
- Benefits package with full medical and dental plans.
- Freedom of being out on the open road (No desk work!).
- Making a real difference in the lives of the families and children you serve.
About the Job.
We offer Free School Bus License Training!
We are looking for a Full Time School Bus Driver/Maintenance Service person in Fort Frances, ON to safely transport some extremely precious cargo. A special job requires special people which is why we need part-time drivers with a strong commitment to safety and customer service who genuinely care for children because it’s the relationships that make this career more rewarding than regular jobs.
- Safely transporting students to/ from school and activities on time.
- Performing pre/post-trip vehicle inspections to ensure optimal vehicle safety.
- Ensuring students’ safety while boarding and exiting buses and crossing streets.
- Attending paid monthly in-service safety training.
- Assists in scheduled and emergency maintenance of the fleet by established practices under a mechanic’s supervision.
- Assists in performing emergency road breakdown repairs. May provide troubleshooting advice to vehicle operators.
- Performs repairs and assists in the maintenance of buildings and property.
- Maintains records of maintenance performed, parts, and supplies used.
- Ensures vehicle operators have access to necessary supplies such as fuel, oil, and other fluids.
- May assist in inclement weather in ensuring fleet starts and is in proper condition to meet service hours.
- Maintains a clean and safe workplace.
- Ensures chemicals are stored by WHMIS requirements and procedures. Ensures compliance with environmental and occupational safety and health requirements. Maintains adequate security precautions for facility, fleet, tools, and equipment under their care.
- Attends all Safety and Maintenance training as required for maintenance personnel.
- Performs all other job duties as assigned.
- Communicates and adheres to Injury Prevention (IP) standards.
- Meet the minimum age requirements to hold a school bus driver’s license in your province (and company standard minimum 21 years of age).
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience (at least 1 in North America).
- Hold a valid (non-probationary) driver’s license and a very good driving record.
- Undergo & pass a Ministry prescribed Medical examination, criminal record search, vulnerable sector clearance, and other background checks.