Job role: Health Care Aide.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Full-time.
Salary: $20.09 per hour.
Shift & Schedule:
- Weekends as needed.
- Evening shift.
About the Job.
Perform duties as a team member related to the daily personal care, welfare, and safety needs of the residents, in a manner that respects their dignity and promotes a maximum quality of life.
A member of an interdisciplinary resident care team and works with residents and families to uphold the mission, vision, and value statement of the Home.
Performs all duties by established health and safety regulations.
- Involves physical activities such as standing, transferring, and transporting residents and equipment.
- May encounter aggressive and/or agitated individuals.
- May encounter exposure to disease, radiation, toxic material, noise, allergens, blood, feces, body fluids, etc.
- Requires shift work, and extended working hours.
- Equipment used – mechanical lifts, bathing units, weight scales.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Health Care Aide Certificate from a recognized educational institution.
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned workload.
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Flexible and able to function effectively in a dynamic changing environment.
- Ability to perform as a team member and seek assistance as necessary.
- Demonstrates resident focus care by the Home’s mission, vision, and values.
- Able to meet the physical and mental demands of the job.
- Demonstrates initiative, flexibility, reliability, and creativity.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in English; both orally and in writing.