Job role: Residential Support Worker.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Full-time.
Country: United Kingdom.
Salary: £28,974 – £31,276 per year.
Shift & Schedule:
- Weekend availability.
- Night shift.
- Day shift.
- Monday to Friday.
- Holiday: 5.6 weeks annual leave per annum.
- Additional leave: at 2 years and 5 years’ service.
- Training Academy: An in-depth induction, six-month welcome program, and fully funded enrolment on our Highfield Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare.
- Bonuses: You will be rewarded £1000 every time you successfully refer a friend
- Pension: Auto enrolment into our Company pension.
- Recognition Awards: Our monthly Wilderness Heroes Awards celebrate your success.
- Your Wellbeing: Excellent health and well-being benefits via Medicash, including an employee assistance program; a cash back healthcare plan that offers discounts on optical, dental, and a range of complimentary therapies; 24/7 access to a virtual GP, and other lifestyle apps to support your wellbeing; discounted gym memberships.
- Life Assurance: 2 times annual salary.
- Discounts: A range of discount schemes with access to savings on high street brands, restaurants, cinemas, and other leisure outlets, including local businesses following feedback from our employees.
About the Job.
To effectively and efficiently deliver the main responsibilities and key result areas encompassed within a Residential Support Worker role. To meet the below requirements within a registered children’s home providing day-to-day care, direction, and support to young people who may display challenging behaviors, emotions, and social difficulties. A key part of the role will be to utilize the outdoors as a means of education and support for the children we look after in addition to setting educational activities as determined by the Teacher in Charge.
As well as providing emotional support, you will bring them routinely, get involved in cooking, sports, writing, music, relaxing in the home or even getting a manicure. You are not alone and will work directly within a small team of 6, as well as having full support from your Managers, our Multi-Disciplinary, Education and dedicated Outdoor teams to help you path out what good looks like to the child.
- Must have full right to work in the UK (all visas are accepted apart from sponsorship).
- Must have experience working with children who have emotional or behavioral difficulties.
- Residential Children’s Home Settings experience.
- Level 3 Diploma or equivalent in Children and Young People’s Workforce.
- Willingness to complete AWW induction standards within 6 months of employment and enroll and complete all necessary qualifications as determined by the regulations.
- Full UK driving licence.