Job role: Class 1 Night Driver.
Job Type: Full-time.
Country: United Kingdom.
Salary: £35,882 – £45,104 per year.
Shift & Schedule:
- Weekend availability.
- Night shift.
- Monday to Friday.
- Salary for Class 1 Night Trunk Driver is between £35,882pa – £45,104pa and MORE! Depending on hours worked. Pay review due in November.
- Hours of work are Monday – Friday shifts starting between 18:00hrs – 21:00hrs.
- Overtime available.
- Enhanced rate for working weekends.
- Free DCPC training during your employment.
- Additional holiday purchasing scheme.
- Retail discounts.
- Retail Trust Wellbeing Support.
- Opportunity to develop your career within an expanding business.
- Excellent holiday allowance and company benefits.
- Life assurance, pension, and sickness scheme.
- Christmas Savings Club.
- Black Circle Tyre discount.
- Leading industry qualifications.
- Medical Reimbursement.
- Mobile phone discounts.
- Employee Referral Scheme. This vacancy is entitled to scheme A*
- Free Uniform.
- A strong culture of teamwork.
- Night trunking covering the Southwest to pallet networks in the West Midlands.
- Covering internal trunking.
- Loading/unloading of vehicle.
- Keeping a vehicle in excellent condition with a modern fleet.
- Be responsible for load security and vehicle checks.
- Working closely with the network hubs on a nightly basis.
- Keeping in regular contact with the transport team for updates on progress.
- Must have a UK Class 1 (CE) Driving Licence.
- Hold a current DCPC Card and Digital Tachograph Driver Card.
- Experience with curtain-side trailers is preferred but not essential as full training will be given.
- Be passionate about providing excellent customer service.
- Working to deadlines.
- Confident, polite, and a team player.
- Good geographical knowledge.
- Due to the nature of the role applicants must be fit, flexible, hardworking, and self-motivated.