Job role: HGV Class 1 Driver.
Job Type: Full-time.
Country: United Kingdom.
Salary: £34,096 – £36,883 per year.
Shift & Schedule:
- Weekend availability.
- Day shift.
- Monday to Friday.
- Salary for Class 1 Driver between £34,096pa – £36,883pa, AND MORE! depending on hours worked. Pay increase due in November.
- Hours of work: Monday to Friday start time 07:00hrs, to include 1 in 3 Saturdays.
- Standby call-out payment.
- Enhanced overtime for working weekends.
- Free DCPC training during your employment.
- Additional holiday purchasing scheme.
- Retail discounts.
- Retail Trust Wellbeing Support.
- Opportunity to develop your career within an expanding business.
- Excellent holiday allowance and company benefits.
- Life assurance, pension, and sickness scheme.
- Christmas Savings Club.
- Black Circle Tyre discount.
- Leading industry qualifications.
- Medical Reimbursement.
- Mobile phone discounts.
- Employee Referral Scheme. This vacancy is entitled to scheme A.
- Free Uniform.
- A strong culture of teamwork.
- Collection and delivery of biosolids cake and delivery to field/store tipper locations across Devon and Cornwall.
- Collection of liquid waste in vacuum tankers.
- This position will cover tipper, hook lift, and tankers.
- On occasion, there could be the need for low loader work and transporting mobile plants.
- Keeping in regular contact with the transport team for updates on progress and managing our customers’ expectations.
- Due to the nature of the locations of our collections, there will be a high degree of rural driving including delivery to farms including off-road driving.
- Working in the agricultural industry.
- Planning routes on a day-to-day basis.
- Dealing with customers face to face and over the phone and providing a high level of customer service.
- Liaison with farmers on a day-to-day basis to coordinate deliveries and stock movement.
- Work closely with the Land Management team.
- Must hold a UK Class 1 CE Licence.
- Hold a current DCPC Card and UK Digital Tachograph Driver Card.
- Experience working with Tipper/Hooklift or telehandler vehicles is advantageous but full training will be given.
- Excellent organization skills and use to working to deadlines.
- Be passionate about providing excellent customer service.
- Confident, polite, and a team player.
- Strong geographical knowledge of the local area.
- Due to the nature of the role applicants must be hardworking and self-motivated.