Job role: Nursing Assistant – Labour & Delivery.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Permanent.
Salary: $20.09 per hour.
Shift & Schedule:
- Weekends as needed.
- Night shift.
- Day shift.
About the Job.
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centered clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Working as part of a multidisciplinary team under the supervision of the Manager of Patient Care or Nurse in Charge, the incumbent:
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks and acts as a communication link for the unit.
- Performs a variety of tasks for the care and comfort of patients as well as routine domestic tasks to maintain the cleanliness of the area (approximately 10-90% dependent on unit, occupancy, and shift).
- Complete high school education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant program or equivalent (both the Health Care Aide and Unit Clerk programs) is required.
- Medical terminology (75% pass mark) required.
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or know Indigenous customs, traditions, and values.
- Information and/or training will be provided within the probation period for the following:
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS), and Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions).
- Regional, site, and unit policies and procedures.
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the health care team.
- Basic keyboarding skills required.
- Excellent command of the English language (both oral and written).
- General skills and ability to perform all tasks and responsibilities relevant to the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned workload.
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Ability to perform as a team member and seek assistance as necessary.
- General administrative and secretarial skills and ability to perform all tasks and responsibilities relevant to the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate information technology equipment as required, e.g. fax, photocopier, computer, etc.