Job role: Registered Nurse.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Full-time.
Salary: $34.17 – $48.27 an hour.
About the Job.
An exciting opportunity for someone to join the Registered Nurse Team has become available for an immediate start. This position will be responsible for providing excellence in patient care. You understand the importance of establishing a relationship between the patient and yourself to achieve the best possible outcomes for your patients. You demonstrate the core nursing values of patient-centered care.
KDH is a 50-bed rural health service with a strong relationship with neighboring health partners, providing an integrated range of acute services – including oncology and surgical services; a bed-based and community-based transition care program and post-acute care service; district nursing services; residential aged care and community services to Kerang and the wider community.
- Assess the healthcare needs of the patient to formulate a plan of care including patient assessment, care planning, and core evaluation.
- Support and participate in evidence-based care to evaluate and improve the quality of nursing care and patient outcomes.
- Consult with Medical Professionals and other Allied Health Professionals as required.
- Practice by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia Professional standards.
- Develops and maintains a professional rapport with consumers/patients and their families.
- Commit to ongoing professional development.
- Bachelor of Nursing.
- Current registration with AHPRA.
- Proven people and communication skills including relationship building, cooperation, conflict resolution, influencing others, and facilitating open discussions.
- Patient-centered focus, adaptability, respecting diversity, innovative thinking, application of evidence into practice, and self-management.
- Ability to work independently as well as consulting and collaborating with others to deliver outcomes
- An awareness of own values and beliefs surrounding healthcare and an ability to identify and respect an alternative view.
- Be cognizant of limitations in your knowledge and seek appropriate resolution.
- Present oneself professionally and respectfully.
- Superior ability to communicate in both written and verbal forms.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Current National Police Check and Working with Children’s Check (If applicable);
- Evidence of immunization records/history as part of the Health Services Act 1988, 2020 Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers), through either documentation or a copy of a serology report. It is required that there is immunization for all vaccine-preventable illnesses.