Job role: Class 1 and Class 2 Driver.
Job Type: Full-time.
Country: United Kingdom.
Salary: £18.03 – £25.30 per hour.
Shift & Schedule:
- 8-hour shift.
- Weekend availability.
- Night shift.
- Day shift.
- All Gist employees are eligible for a 20% discount across M&S (T&Cs apply).
- Competitive salary.
- Pension – Auto-enrolment scheme
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata).
- Well-being portal.
- Discounts to major restaurants and retailers
- Subsidized canteen.
- Free parking on site.
- Cycle to work scheme.
About the Job.
At the heart of Gist is our crucial team of Drivers. We are currently looking for Class 1 and 2 Drivers to become part of our Hemel Hempstead site. We are in search of people who can represent Gist on the road, champion Road safety as all our drivers do, and demonstrate how efficiently delivery within distribution is done.
You’ll play a vital role in making sure our stock is where it needs to be, on time. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that M&S products are transported via single or double-deck trailers between our depots, warehouses, and our customers safely whilst adhering to our Health and safety regulations at all times.
Gist is a supply chain specialist providing retail distribution, and primary and global freight logistics services across the UK and Ireland. At Gist, we pride ourselves in delivering innovative solutions and transforming supply chains, with a proven track record spanning more than 50 years.
We are united by our core values; with safety and people at the heart of everything do, we are progressive, accountable, collaborative, and ethical.
- Class 1 or Class 2 license.
- At least 18 months of Class 1 driving experience.
- A maximum of 6 endorsements.
- No accidents in the last 12 months.
- No points for drinking or consuming illegal substances while driving.
- Manual handling of goods or multi-drop experience is highly desirable.