Job role: Senior Care Assistant (UK).
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Full-time.
Country: United Kingdom.
Salary: Up to £10.98 per hour.
Shift & Schedule: 12-hour shift.
- Regular supervision, peer support, learning opportunities, and career prospects.
- Access to wages before payday with fast P.A.Y.E.
- Retail and lifestyle discounts.
- Free DBS check.
- 24/7 counseling and support.
- Blue Light Card eligibility.
About the Job.
Our Senior Health Care Assistants work closely with our Nurse in Charge to lead a small Care Team in delivering high-quality care for the people we support.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a brand new team, in a state-of-the-art, purpose-built home. You’ll have the chance to make your mark. Join us as our new Senior Health Care Assistant at Acer Mews care home in Ashton-under-Lyne.
Acer Mews is part of Exemplar Health Care, one of the country’s leading nursing care providers.
When open, Acer Mews will support adults living with acquired brain injuries, complex mental health needs, dementia, and physical disabilities.
As well as stable and secure employment opportunities, we offer great benefits and perks, and plenty of opportunities to learn, develop, and progress.
Our Senior Health Care Assistants work closely with the Nurse in Charge and lead our Care Teams in supporting every aspect of our residents’ day-to-day lives.
- Supporting people with their care
- Assisting people at meal times
- Understanding individual health and well-being needs
- Encouraging and supporting people to take part in social activities, both in and out of the home
- Promoting choice, dignity, independence, and respect
- Leading, motivating, and supporting a team of care colleagues
- Ensuring that care documentation is completed to a high standard.
- Caring, kind, understanding, and calm
- able to deal with, and defuse, challenging situations
- Energetic and outgoing, with a positive, can-do attitude
- A great listener and communicator, able to build trust and rapport with people
- Comfortable working on your initiative – but you know when to escalate
- A motivating team leader.