Job role: Bus Driver.
Job Type: Part-time.
Salary: Up to $30.86 per hour.
Shift & Schedule: Shift work.
- Maximum allowable salary packaging to pay less tax (additional $18,550 tax-free plus regional benefits plus parking).
- A range of shifts to suit your lifestyle.
- A commitment to offer opportunities to grow your career.
- Discounts and cashback programs with major retailers.
- Wellbeing programs including confidential employee assistance programs available to you and your family members.
About the Job.
Uniting is seeking a Bus Driver to work at across 4 sites around the North Shore area, based in Lane Cove on a permanent part-time basis to provide driving services for, and to ensure the safe and comfortable transport of Residents, along with performing care staff duties when necessary.
- Efficient arrangement of maintenance and repair of vehicles.
- Monitoring daily the completion of daily vehicle checks.
- Provide driving services to and be responsible for the welfare and safety of residents and clients traveling between their places of residence and other Uniting Locations and on outings.
- Assist residents and clients to enter and exit the bus and provide mobility support as required.
- Provide supervision of residents and clients and ensure their safety always.
- Current MR or LR license.
- Proven experience and reliability in bus driving.
- Certificate III in Aged Care is desirable.
- A strong commitment to working with the frail aged and people with challenging behaviors, and disabilities including dementia, developmental disabilities, and psychiatric illnesses.
- Ability to provide service equitable to all consumers regardless of race, religion, gender, social or financial background.
- Commitment to observe the WHS policies of Uniting Ageing.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- A sound knowledge of surrounding road networks.