Job role: Registered Nurse/Registered Midwife – Special Care Nursery.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Part-time.
Salary: $40.45 – $52.00 per hour.
- Flexible work arrangements to support work-life balance.
- Save tax and increase your take-home pay by salary packaging your everyday living expenses and bills (up to $15,900) and meal entertainment (up to $2,650) per annum.
- Free On-Site Parking.
- A recognition and rewards platform, providing employee discounts at hundreds of retailers, including everyday expenses, holidays, health insurance, annual awards celebrations, and wellbeing and employee assistance programs.
- A positive and inclusive team based on respect, shared standards, strong values, and a commitment to serving others.
- 12 weeks paid parental leave and 2 weeks paid partner leave, available after 6 months service, in addition to the government scheme.
- Diversity and inclusive leave, offering paid gender affirmation to leave and cultural leave options (paid and unpaid) for those who may celebrate the Lunar New Year, Diwali, Ramadan, NAIDOC weeks, and other significant cultural events.
- Professional development, through Graduate Certificates, skills development courses, bursaries, grants, and partnerships with leading Universities (Hospitals).
- Career development opportunities to challenge yourself, grow, and make a meaningful difference.
About the Job.
We’re looking for someone who wants to make the world a little better through small moments that leave big impacts. To build meaningful relationships and make a difference in the lives of others.
An integral part of our team at Buderim Private Hospital as a Special Care Nurse, you’ll be encouraged to grow, develop, and feel empowered to make every day easier for the people we care so passionately about.
With a deep connection to the Sunshine Coast that’s 40 years in the making, Buderim Private Hospital partners with our patients to deliver personalized one-on-one care from the heart
Buderim Private Hospital is seeking motivated, innovative, and passionate dual Registered Nurses (RN) and Registered midwives (RM) to be part of our Special Care Nursery / Women’s Health Team.
Contemporary knowledge of best practices in newborn nursing care is required and extensive neonatal clinical experience is preferred with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar-level special care nursery. Appropriate postgraduate qualifications are not essential, but highly regarded.
Buderim Private Special Care Nursery (SCN) is a level 4 Nursery and provides care for babies greater than 32 weeks and 1500 grams. SCN supports maternity services at Buderim Private and patient transfers from tertiary health centers. In this role, you will be responsible for the clinical management and delivery of care in a 7-cot special care nursery. Staffing levels will be dependent on patient occupancy and acuity. Therefore, the ability to work autonomously and independently is essential for low occupancy/acuity shifts. SCN is supported by the Clinical Nurse Manager, Maternity/Women’s Health Ward Team, and 24/7 available VMP.
- CPAP and high-flow nasal oxygen.
- Assisting and preparing for stabilisation and retrieval including initiating ventilator care
- PIVC and UVC Therapy (Including IV medications).
- Phototherapy management.
- Ability to work autonomously within the SCN.
- Willingness to work outside of SCN in the Maternity postnatal/ antenatal and Women’s Health ward environment as per staffing and patient needs.
- Ensuring patient flow is managed whilst providing high standards of patient care.