Job role: Resident Care Aide / Ward Aide.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Salary: $28.74 per hour.
About the Job.
By the Vision, Purpose, Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority, patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at VIHA; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Under the direction of the Manager or designate, the Nursing Assistant performs clerical duties, answers the phone, transports patients, transcribes doctors’ orders, distributes supplies, and performs nursing procedures as in the duties listed below.
- Grade 10 plus graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant Program or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.