Job role: Bus Driver.
Job Type: Full-time.
Country: United Kingdom.
Salary: £13 – £16 per hour.
Shifts and schedule:
- 8-hour shift.
- Weekend availability.
- Night shift.
- Day shift.
- Monday to Friday.
- Job Security: Get peace of mind working in a reliable job.
- Competitive Salary: Get paid weekly & control your finances.
- Get Paid to Train: Get your PCV license while earning.
- Job satisfaction: Get out and about & help your community.
- Work-life Balance: Flexible working hours.
- Great Staff Benefits: Free travel cards, pension & discounts.
- Career Progression: Clear career paths to Manager level.
About the Job.
We run 112 routes in and around the capital, mostly under contract to Transport for London (TfL), the capital’s transport authority. TfL has ‘ownership’ of all bus routes in London and awards them to bus operators through a competitive tendering process, usually for a term of seven years.
We run our bus routes from 10 operational bases. Many of our bus routes are 24-hour operations and most run seven days a week.
As well as daily commuters, our diverse customer base includes shoppers, tourists, visitors to London, and people traveling to hospital appointments. Our uniformed, knowledgeable drivers are trained to recognize the special travel requirements of all customers, and this can include wheelchair users, the partially sighted, the hard of hearing, and visitors to the capital who do not speak English and are lost.
We are highly supportive of ‘green’ transport solutions and look for ways of reducing the impact our operations have on the environment. With over 28% of our in-service fleet being fully electric, we have the greatest proportion of electric buses in our fleet within the London market.
We currently operate 16 electric routes from five converted garages and we are working towards a fully electric fleet by 2030. This is in line with the Mayor of London’s ambitious plans for a zero-emissions bus fleet in the capital by 2034.