Job role: Nursing Associate.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Full-time.
Country: United Kingdom.
Salary: £25,147 – £27,596 per year.
About the Job.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, committed, and motivated Registered Nursing Association to join our excellent nursing team.
Level 11 West is an 18 bedded mixed sex, trauma, and orthopaedic ward. The ward provides care for a variety of injuries including fractures, soft tissue trauma, and spinal injuries.
This is an outstanding opportunity if you are looking for a new challenge and would like to continue your professional development journey.
You will be working with a friendly and experienced multidisciplinary team, providing patient-centered and evidence-based care. You will be accountable for your practice while supporting the registered nurse by caring for patients and delivering high standards of care
For newly qualified nursing associates the trust has a robust preceptorship program and you will receive excellent development opportunities. There is the opportunity to undertake the Trusts accredited orthopedic module as part of your development. Along the way, you will be supported by the in-house Practice Development Nurse and a named mentor who will oversee your training needs, supported by the wider divisional education team.
- Develop an understanding of all elements of the nursing process and be able to assist the registered nurse in the ongoing assessment, planning, management, and evaluation of care.
- Support individuals with all aspects of care including daily living, providing person-centred care, and promoting health and independence through awareness raising and care navigation to other professionals as appropriate.
- Perform and record clinical observations as per NEWS2 and Trust policy and escalate as appropriate.
- Administer oral medications safely and promptly following successful completion of the medication administration competency (excluding controlled drugs).
- Undertake clinical tasks including venepuncture, cannulation, ECGs, tracheostomy care, etc.
- Accurately record nutritional and fluid intake.
- Ensure the privacy dignity and safety of individuals are maintained at all times.
- Demonstrated the ability to recognize changing priorities. Seeking advice from the registered nurse or other registered care professional as appropriate.
- Report back and share information with the registered nurses on the condition, behavior, activity, and response of individuals.