Job role: Health care aide.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Salary: $21 per hour.
- Supply and empty bed pans.
- Take patients’ blood pressure, temperature, and pulse.
- Serve meal trays and feed patients.
- Weigh, lift, turn, and position patients.
- Deliver messages, reports, requisitions, and specimens between departments.
- Make beds and maintain patients’ rooms.
- Administer suppositories, colonic irrigations, and enemas.
- Maintain inventory of supplies.
- Bathe, dress, and groom patients.
- Assist with the set-up and maintenance of traction equipment, cleaning or sterilizing equipment, maintaining and repairing equipment, and assembling, setting up, and operating job-related equipment.
- Transport patients in wheelchairs or stretchers.
- Answer call signals.
- Collect specimens.
- Administer first aid in emergencies.