Job role: Delivery Driver.
Job Type: Permanent.
Country: United Kingdom.
- Fancy volunteering; We will give you one day off a year to take part in volunteering.
- Generous discounts on our products.
- Cycle to Work Scheme that offers discounted bikes and cycling equipment.
- Donate through your pay to a charity of your choice. The money is simply deducted through your pay before tax, so for every pound you donate, the 20p that usually goes to tax will go to the charity instead!
- We also have a range of employee assistance services that can be tailored to give you support on various matters such as financial, health, and wellbeing advice.
- We treat our teams to a free meal every few months, from our visiting fish & chip van to freshly made bacon baps from our in-house chefs.
About the Job.
You will work as part of our Depot Team to ensure that all orders are delivered to our customers in line with requirements ensuring everything arrives in the chef’s kitchen in perfect order.
This role will require a start time of 3am-5 am with a finish time dependent on when your last order is delivered and you return to the depot. You will be working 5 out of 6 days Monday to Saturday, inclusive of Bank Holidays.
- Always ensure that our customers receive first-class customer service during their delivery; interacting with customers respectfully and professionally.
- Ensure each order is delivered to our customers as per the delivery instructions. If it is not possible to deliver as per the instructions this is raised immediately to the Depot team.
- Be responsible for and use GPS navigation and order system along with a PDA device.
- When delivering to the customer, ensure that the order is as per the invoice. If there are any issues, ensure that these are raised to the Depot Team.
- Ensure you adhere to UK driving laws at all times.
- Ensure that your vehicle is kept clean and tidy at all times in line with the cleaning schedule.
- Thoroughly complete a daily walk-round check on your assigned vehicle before departing the depot to ensure it is roadworthy and raise an issue with the vehicle as required.
- Ensure that hygiene standards are at all times performed to BRC accreditation and our own high GMP standards.
- Know company and statutory Health and safety, security, and emergency procedures.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Good understanding of UK driving laws.
- Good understanding of GB domestic drivers’ hours rules.
- You will be working on your own so will need to be reliable and conscientious.
- Strong problem-solving skills to assist in minimizing disruption to our customers.
- You will need strong verbal and written communication skills and have an enthusiastic, can-do attitude.