Job role: Registered Nurse (Medical).
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Fixed term.
- A salary between $40.51 – $51.97 p.h.
- 12.75% employer superannuation contribution.
- 17.5% leave loading.
- Professional Development.
- Education Opportunities – Study and Research.
- Work-life balance, variety, and flexibility.
- Generous Salary Sacrificing.
- Paid parental leave.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Discounted Private Health Insurance.
- Fitness Passport.
About the Job.
The Medical Unit at Rockhampton Hospital is part of the Division of Medicine and is located on Level 4, New Ward Block (F Block). The Medical Unit has a capacity of 32 beds incorporating a 5-bed Stroke Unit and 2 fully equipped bariatric rooms. The Medical Unit works closely with a variety of services within the Rockhampton Hospital to provide safe patient-focused health care that meets the needs of the community and results in positive patient outcomes.
Provide nursing services within health service settings and demonstrate competence in the provision of nursing care as specified by registration requirements, Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) standards and codes, educational preparation, relevant legislation, and context of care.
- Mandatory qualification/s: Registration as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and a current annual practicing certificate.
- Non-mandatory qualifications/requirements: While not mandatory, postgraduate qualifications in the clinical area of expertise would be well regarded.
- Nursing knowledge and skills to competently assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care.
- Demonstrated ability or the ability to rapidly acquire the skill to guide less experienced staff members and education to students.
- Demonstrated participation in relevant professional development, research, and continuous learning to ensure the progression of individual clinical standards.