Job role: Nursing Education Co-ordinator II.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Full-time.
Salary: $85,249–$105,613 per year.
Shift & Schedule: Monday to Friday.
About the Job.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the key skills, behaviors, abilities, and knowledge as outlined in the five domains of the LEADS in a Caring Environment framework.
Consideration will be given to candidates with an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- Leading yourself by having self-awareness, managing your performance and health, developing yourself, and demonstrating character that is in line with Western Health’s values of accountability, care, collaboration, excellence, respect, and transparency;
- Engaging others through fostering the development of others, contributing to the creation of a healthy organization, communicating effectively, and building effective teams;
- Achieving results by setting direction, strategically aligning decisions with vision, values, and evidence, taking action to implement decisions, and assessing and evaluating outcomes;
- Developing coalitions through purposefully building partnerships and networks to create results, demonstrating a commitment to customers and service, mobilizing knowledge, and navigating socio-political environments;
- Transforming systems by thinking analytically and critically questioning and challenging the status quo, encouraging and supporting innovation, orienting oneself strategically to the future, and championing and orchestrating change.
- Current registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Newfoundland and Labrador and completion of the Coronary Care/Intensive Care Course are required.
- A minimum of five years of experience in an Intensive Care Unit as a Registered Nurse is required.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate an acceptable level of knowledge and expertise in intensive care nursing and critical care due to the need to provide lead direction to nursing staff on this unit.
- An ability to work independently with excellence in organizational, leadership, interpersonal, communication, conflict management, team building, change management, and decision-making skills is essential.
- Strong problem-solving skills are required. A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required.