Job role: Registered Nurse.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Permanent.
Country: United Kingdom.
Salary: £30,229 – £37,664 per year.
- A minimum of 27 days of annual leave increases with the length of service.
- A minimum of 8 days of public holidays.
- Membership of the NHS Pension Scheme, with life insurance benefits (for more information on the NHS Pension Scheme visit the Scottish Public Pension).
- Paid sick leave increases with the length of service.
- Occupational health services.
- Employee Counselling services.
- Work-life Balance policies and procedures.
About the Job.
We are looking for a motivated and caring Registered nurse with a current NMC Adult nursing registration to work within one of our acute medical wards for older adults.
The Registered Nurse will have responsibility for the assessment of care needs and the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs of care and discharge planning. Ward 13 is a 24-bed acute medical ward for older adults, and most of the patients are admitted to us from acute receiving areas. Once the patients are stabilized they are generally transferred to a rehabilitation unit or if well enough discharged home.
Our ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in acute medicine and the care of older adults, have excellent communication and organizational skills, and have previous knowledge and experience in an acute medical environment. However, enthusiasm for the role and a desire to deliver high-quality nursing care is paramount, and newly Registered Nurses will be considered and allowed to develop their skills in an acute hospital ward in a friendly and supportive environment.
In NHS Lanarkshire we are committed to recruiting a workforce that fully reflects the diverse make-up of our society. A place where every individual can thrive, develop, and succeed based on skill, knowledge, and talent, regardless of race, disability, gender, sexual orientation, care experienced*, or any other dimension that can be used to differentiate people from one another.
- Registered Nurse with a current UK NMC Registration.
- The post holder will be required to demonstrate excellent teamwork skills with the ability to work using their initiative.
- Effective listening, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with people and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Working knowledge of basic information technology.
It would be great if you also have;
- Experience in acute medical/ care of the older adult ward.
- Educated to degree level or post-registration courses.
- Evidence of CPD e.g. Flying Start, meeting PREP standards, Cleanliness Champion.
- Previous Registered Nursing position.
- Evidence of post-registration skills e.g. IV Drug therapy, cannulation, and phlebotomy.
- Evidence of positive role modeling.
- Ability to use NHS Patient Management Systems.