Job role: Health Care Aide.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Permanent.
Location: Pine Falls, MB.
Salary: $20.09 per hour.
Shift & Schedule:
- Weekends as needed.
- Day shift.
About the Job.
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of healthcare services through an integrated network of sites, services, and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under the general supervision of the Resident Care Manager, RN, and/or LPN, the Health Care Aide acts as a member of the health care team, assisting with Resident care and providing basic supportive care as directed. Demonstrates a commitment to the vision, values, goals, and objectives of the region/facility/house.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
- Information and/or training will be provided within the probation period for the following:
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS), and Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions).
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the health care team.
- Regional, site, and house policies and procedures.
- Excellent command of the English language (both oral and written) is required.
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and /or know Indigenous customs, traditions, and values.
- General skills and ability to perform all tasks and responsibilities relevant to the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned workload.
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Ability to perform as a team member and seek assistance as necessary.