Job role: Nursing Home Attendant.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Full-time.
Location: Whitehorse, YT.
Salary: $64,104–$74,130 per year.
- In addition to salary, we offer many additional financial and non-financial benefits.
- Yukon government’s many benefits.
About the Job.
This posting is anticipatory for full-time permanent positions working 75 hours bi-weekly. It will establish a 12-month eligibility list.
The job is based in the thriving city of Whitehorse in the beautiful Yukon Territory.
Our philosophy of care is “Every action and decision performed by this position is founded on respect for the residents, for the promotion of their dignity, individual freedom, choice and lifestyle, and meaningful quality living.”
As a Nursing Home Attendant in Continuing Care, you’ll be part of a collaborative and supportive team environment. You’ll report to the Nurse Supervisor and assist the nursing team in providing direct care to residents (children, adults, seniors) to help meet their physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. You will also participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care plans.
- Health Care Aide (HCA), Personal Support Worker (PSW), Continuing Care Assistant (CCA), or Personal Care Aide (PCA) certificate recognized by a Canadian Educational Institute.
- Recently applied knowledge of Health Care Aide theory, practices & techniques.
- Recent experience charting and documenting progress notes.
- Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Suitability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to contribute to a Respectful Workplace.
- Good conflict resolution skills.
- Strong commitment to providing a safe, respectful, and home-like environment for our residents.
- Ability to work constructively within a transdisciplinary team and equally able to work independently.
- Ability to provide ongoing assistance to long-term care residents (children, adults, and seniors) in the activities of daily living.