Job role: Assist in Nursing – Casual – Lithgow Hospital
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Casual.
Location: Central West.
Salary: $24.41 – $26.78 per hour.
Shift & Schedule:
- Morning shift.
- Night shift.
- Rotating roster.
- Evening shift.
- Shift work.
- Opportunity for extra tax savings through Salary Packaging.
- Novated Leasing.
- Great education opportunities through Education Training Service which offers over 110 courses each year.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for staff and family members.
- Fitness Passport.
- Provide direct care activities to patients by the nursing care plan and under the supervision of a Registered Nurse/Midwife.
- Assist Registered Nurses/Midwives and Enrolled Nurses with patient care interventions as directed and within the scope of practice.
- Contribute to collecting accurate health care information and maintaining accurate health care documentation as required.
- Communicate effectively with patients and other healthcare team members by appropriate protocol.
- Certificate III in Health Services Assistance (Descriptor: Assisting in Nursing Work in Acute Care).
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated evidence of being able to provide a person-centered approach to patient care.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills – written and verbal.
- Previous recent experience working in an acute care setting.
- Demonstrated evidence of complying with Immunisation category.
- Ability to work a rotating roster across 7 days a week (morning, evening & night shifts).