Job role: Assistant in Nursing
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Casual.
Location: Port Macquarie.
Salary: $24.73 – $27.14 per hour.
Shift & Schedule:
- Rotating roster.
- Shift work.
- A distinctive culture of People Caring for People.
- Access our flexible work opportunities and have a say in your roster times.
- Free access to 18,000 upskilling courses via a LinkedIn learning subscription.
- Flexible career pathways and unparallel learning and development.
- Employee benefits scheme.
- Wide variety of Professional development programs.
- Discounts off hospital and extras private health insurance – you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive a higher extras limit for things like General and Major Dental.
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts.
- Salary sacrifice opportunities eg, airport lounge membership, self-education expenses and more.
- Tech discounts on Microsoft and Apple purchase.
- Recognition and rewards programs.
- Casual employees may not be able to access all benefits.
About the Job.
As an Assistant in Nursing in our Nursing Pool, you will work as a member of the clinical team under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. You will provide high quality nursing and supportive care to all patients and clients who access health services. You will assist patients with their daily living activities and also be responsible for performing delegated tasks to support the clinical patient care teams. In this role you will report to the Nurse Unit Manager.
To be successful in this role you will be a positive and effective team player who brings excellent attention to detail and interpersonal skills. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to manage your time effectively to meet your responsibilities.
- Certificate III in Acute Care/Health Service Assistance or currently a second-year nursing student will be ideal for this role.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a high standard of customer service.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to work a rotating 7-day roster will be crucial to this role.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation.
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months.