Job role: Nursing Assistant.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Permanent.
Location: Winnipeg, MB.
Salary: $20.09 per hour.
Shift & Schedule: Day shift.
About the Job.
CancerCare Manitoba is a provincial agency that provides clinical and academic services and leadership for cancer control and the treatment of blood disorders. Our shared vision of a world free of cancer drives every member of our team. CancerCare Manitoba is the perfect place to thrive if you’re seeking a fulfilling career in an organization that is committed to its employees’ well-being and professional development.
Reporting to the Unit Manager, the Nursing Assistant performs a variety of clerical tasks and supportive functions for patients and staff. The incumbent ensures the care and comfort of patients as well as the routine cleanliness of the clinical work environment. Personal protective equipment (PPE) and training are provided.
- Successful completion of a recognized Nursing Assistant Course (Completion of Health Care Aide and Health Unit Clerk).
- Basic computer skills.
- Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) or ability to obtain same before employment.
- Ability to perform physical activities such as lifting and transporting patients, samples, and equipment to other areas
- Satisfactory employment record.
- Must be able to legally work in Canada.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, customer service, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent English comprehension with both written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to stressful work situations.