Job role: Registered Nurse – Grade 2
Job sector: Healthcare
Job Type: Permanent.
Salary: $18,550 per year.
Shift & Schedule:
- Afternoon shift.
- Morning shift.
- Night shift.
- Shift work.
About the Job.
Baptcare is a purpose-driven and faith-based organization working across Victoria, Tasmania, and South Australia, providing residential and community care for older people and support to children, families, people with disabilities, financially disadvantaged people, and people seeking asylum.
At Baptcare, our values are deeply rooted in the principles of Wellbeing, Ethics, Co-creating, Accountability, Respect, and Effectiveness. These values guide us in all aspects of our operations and interactions, shaping our corporate culture and driving our success.
We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse in Grade 2 to join the team at our Baptcare Abbey Gardens Community facility in Drouin, Victoria on a part-time basis. We are specifically looking for reliable candidates available for Morning, Afternoon, or Night shifts from Monday to Sunday.
This role focuses on providing comprehensive clinical care to consumers, working as part of a team. The main objective is to deliver high-quality care that meets consumer expectations, ensuring dignity, respect, comfort, and quality of life are maintained.
- Provide management & leadership to care staff & encourage an environment that is based on teamwork & a committed Consumer focus.
- Ensure all staff reporting to you are working within their scope of practice & maintaining Baptcare standards in terms of care delivery, professionalism & customer-focused approach.
- Maintain clear, consistent communication about all aspects of care (to colleagues, staff, consumers & families) whilst respecting individual privacy & dignity.
- Ensure safe & secure management of medications.
- Contribute proactively to the continuous improvement process and able to explain the same to any other stakeholders.
- Maintain own educational and professional development within the Scope of Practice.
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Experience working within the Aged Care Sector or with Elderly people.
- Proficient in computer literacy, including Microsoft Word & basic Excel.
- Ability to meet and perform the inherent requirements of the role.