Job role: Registered Nurse.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Permanent.
Country: United Kingdom.
Salary: £35,271 – £37,986 per year.
Shift & Schedule:
- Weekend availability.
- Day shift.
- Monday to Friday.
- Casual dress.
- Company events.
- Company pension.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Employee discount.
- Life insurance.
- On-site parking.
- Private dental insurance.
- Private medical insurance.
- Referral program.
- Sick pay.
- Store discount.
About the Job.
At National Star, we realize the aspirations of young adults living with complex physical and learning disabilities. Right now, we’re looking for a registered nurse to work at our Ullenwood campus GL53 9QU.
Are you ready for a change in your career or healthcare environment? If so, your skills and knowledge would be invaluable for keeping our residents and students healthy and safe. Thanks to your passion for their well-being and undeniable drive to deliver high-quality care, they’ll be empowered to experience a world without limits.
The students at National Star are medically complex and have a range of disabilities, including cerebral palsy, ASD, Spina Bifida, global developmental delay, acquired brain injury, and hearing or visual impairment. As their nurse, you’ll share your expertise with the team because together, we make sure each person gets the personalized health care they need to manage pain or symptoms of their conditions so they can live the life they want. For you and us, it’s all about promoting independence and enabling them to study, socialize, and enjoy their passions, hobbies, and day-to-day activities.
- Deliver day-to-day nursing.
- Be comfortable working alone as an autonomous clinician (alongside skilled care staff) or as part of a small nurse team.
- Advise and guide our teams on health-related matters.
- Develop comprehensive health plans.
- Help the young people manage their medication with their care and support workers.
- Provide emergency nursing care as required.
- Undertake medical procedures and protocols.
- Help students and residents develop the skills and knowledge they need to manage their well-being.
- Liaise with GPs, pharmacies, and consultants.
- Keep records and health-related documentation up-to-date.