Job role: Nursing Assistant.
Job sector: Healthcare
Job Type: Permanent.
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Salary: $20.09 per hour.
Shift & Schedule:
- Weekends as needed.
- Evening shift.
About the Job.
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of healthcare services through an integrated network of sites, services, and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Working as part of a multidisciplinary team under the supervision of the Manager of Patient Care or Nurse in Charge.
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks and acts as a communication link for the unit.
- Performs a variety of tasks for the care and comfort of patients as well as routine domestic tasks to maintain the cleanliness of the area (approximately 10-90% dependent on unit, occupancy, and shift).
- Basic keyboarding skills (30-50 words per minute) required.
- Medical terminology( 75% pass mark) required.
- Demonstrated excellent command of the English language (both oral and written).
- General skills and ability to perform all tasks and responsibilities relevant to the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned workload.
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to perform as a team member and seek assistance as necessary.
- General administrative and secretarial skills and ability to perform all tasks and responsibilities relevant to the duties of the position.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills ensuring effective interpersonal and interdepartmental communication.
- Utilize a positive approach to problem-solving in all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Ability to operate information technology equipment as required, e.g. fax, photocopier, computer, etc.