Job role: Midwifery and Nursing Unit Manager.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Full-time.
Salary: $132,710.97 per year.
- Sustainable Healthcare: Together towards zero.
- ADO’s each month (for full-time employees).
- 4 weeks annual leave (pro-rata for part-time employees).
- Salary packaging options.
- Fitness Passport.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for staff and family members.
- Opportunity to work and collaborate with a range of non-clinical and clinical professionals.
About the Job.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead the Maternity and Gynaecology clinical outpatient services team to provide excellent woman-centered care across the John Hunter Hospital and community health sites to maximize the health outcomes for women. Within this position, you will effectively manage the day-to-day operations of the Maternity and Gynaecology Outpatient Service (Antenatal, IMAP (Initial Maternity Assessment and Pregnancy Planning Service), Maternal Fetal Medicine, Gynaecology, Gynae-Oncology, Early Pregnancy Assessment Service(EPAS) including clinical, operational and people management.
Oversee and coordinate the clinical activities of the outpatient service to ensure consistent delivery of excellent women-centered care focused on maximizing health outcomes
Ensure women’s care is delivered within professional, organizational, legal, and ethical boundaries and reflects evidence-based, knowledge and practice.
Lead a positive workplace culture that encourages collaboration within and across the multidisciplinary M&G care teams to optimise outcomes for women and families in a constantly changing environment
Liaise with relevant services and units both within and external to the health service to ensure effective coordinated service delivery that meets the needs of women, babies, and families
Opportunities for ongoing education, professional development, and mentoring
- Registered Midwife and Registered Nurse with current Authority to Practice with AHPRA.
- Graduate qualification (Masters level) in health-related management.
- You are passionate about women’s health and maternity care and thrive on making a positive difference to women, their families, and babies throughout the pregnancy journey
- You possess the ability to respond appropriately and effectively to challenging situations with the ability and commitment to support women and families, colleagues and patients alike.
- Your high-level communication and interpersonal skills, alongside your ability to build strong, professional relationships with your team, women, families, and patients will see you thrive in these environments.