Job role: Patient Care Assistant.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Part-time.
Location: Kununurra WA.
Salary: $66,186 per year.
- Attractive base salary of $66,186 (pro rata) PLUS super.
- Accommodation Allowance of $7,800 (pro rata) per annum.
- Salary packaging, up to $30,000 per annum.
- 5 weeks annual leave (pro rata) to explore your beautiful surroundings.
About the Job.
Kimberley Renal Services (KRS) includes 4 Renal Health Centres based in Fitzroy Crossing, Broome, Kununurra, and Derby and a mobile prevention unit.
The incidence of Kidney Disease in the Kimberley is one of the highest in Australia. Chronic Kidney disease (CKD) and End-Stage Kidney Disease (ESKD) incidence within the Aboriginal population of Kimberley greatly exceeds the national burden of disease. Dialysis prevalence in this region has more than tripled in the last decade and is increasing at a much faster rate than in the rest of Western Australia (WA).
Kimberley Renal Services now has an opportunity for a Patient Care Assistant to join their KRS team in Kununurra WA, on a part-time basis.
Reporting to the Renal Service Manager you will assist patients with activities of daily living whilst attending the Renal Health Centre.
To be successful in this position, you will need to be committed to the philosophy and practice of Aboriginal Community Control and Understanding of Aboriginal culture and willingness to create a culturally safe environment.
You will also work by OSH and Infection Control policies to maintain a safe working environment.
Please note: To be eligible for this role, you will be required to hold a current ‘C’ Class Driver’s Licence and your employment will also be subject to a National Police Clearance.
KRS is committed to improving employee knowledge, skills, and experience, with staff development programs, not only encouraged but often paid for by the organization. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career and help make a change in Aboriginal health practices.
- Assist dialysis patients according to their needs before during and after their dialysis sessions.
- Transportation of clients and other goods in a safe manner.
- Management of the cleaning and maintenance schedule as required by the Renal Health Centre.