Job role: Health Care Aide.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Casual.
Location: Slave Lake, AB.
Shift & Schedule:
- Night shift.
- Every Weekend.
- Day shift.
About the Job.
Slave Lake is a small town in northern Alberta, Canada, about 255 km (124.3 mi) northwest of Edmonton and a similar distance southwest of Fort McMurray. It is located on the southeast shore of Lesser Slave Lake, at the junction of Highway 2 and Highway 88, in the Municipal District of Lesser Slave River No. 124.
Life in the Slave Lake Region is exciting! With all of the summer and winter activities and annual events, the region has something for everyone. Indoor recreation facilities located throughout the region boast numerous activities for all to enjoy year-round. “Going to the Lake” takes on a whole new meaning when visiting Alberta’s largest automobile-accessible lake—over 1,150 square kilometers! Enjoy paddle boarding, boating, kayaking, canoeing, swimming, water skiing, or just relax at the beach.
Come for the adventure. Stay for the lifestyle. Gather with family and friends for the many exciting events hosted annually within the region. Enjoy the annual Show n’ Shine Car Show, Riverboat Daze, Easter Family Egg-stravaganza, Relay-for-Life, Spooktacular Halloween Party, and various Christmas Charity events to name a few. There is something for everyone almost every weekend in The Slave Lake Region. In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Remote Retention Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $3,000. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
- As a Health Care Aide (HCA), you are responsible for providing personal assistance, supporting activities of daily living, and providing comfort and support services to patients (clients, residents) who require short-term assistance or ongoing support.
- You will work closely with patients, families, and caregivers spanning the continuum of care in the home, community, or health care facilities.
- You will play a key role in providing safe, quality patient and family-centered care while reflecting the shared vision and values of AHS.
- Active directory status on the Alberta Health Care Aide Directory.
- Must provide a confirmation letter as proof of enrolment from the Directory at https://www.albertahcadirectory.com/health-care-aides/confirmation/.
- Nursing students currently enrolled in an approved Alberta nursing program who have completed a minimum of 100 hours of practicum; and are either in their 1st year of practical nursing program; or 2nd year of baccalaureate nursing or psychiatric nursing program will be considered.
- Must attest to this compliance and provide proof of qualification.