Job role: Van Driver.
Job Type: Permanent.
Country: United Kingdom.
Salary: £10.42 per hour.
- A 37.5-hour working week.
- 25 days holiday (pro-rata) + bank holiday allowance.
- A generous pension – we will contribute 8%.
- Great discounts and rewards through Blue Light Card and BenefitHub.
- Life assurance, Bupa health cashback plan.
- Tickets for Good – Free and discounted tickets for events.
About the Job.
Age UK’s shops are the face of the charity. On high streets up and down the country, our retail staff and volunteers deliver a great shopping experience to customers, while generating much-needed income for the charity, ensuring we can provide services and support to older people who need it most.
We are looking for a physically fit and active individual to join our team as a Van Driver covering Essex and Hertfordshire. This role provides an important service to our shops by collecting, transferring, and delivering stock from one shop to another, thereby ensuring that stock is at the right shop, at the right time in the most cost and time-efficient manner.
This role will also be responsible for collecting stock from specific locations as requested and moving furniture within or across areas as required.
This role is physically demanding and will require frequently lifting and moving heavy items of stock and furniture, often up and down stairs as premises dictate.
To comply with UK legislation, we cannot accept applications from candidates under the age of 18 as the successful candidate will be required to work on their own in the shop without the aid of other staff.
Is this the job for you? We know that men, of all backgrounds, and men and women from Black, Asian, and minority ethnic backgrounds are currently under-represented in our workforce, and we want to change this! So, we are particularly keen to hear from applicants from these groups.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview with disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria under the Disability Confident Scheme. Please note that on occasion, due to high numbers of applications, Age UK reserves the right to limit the overall number of interviews offered, and therefore, it may not always be practicable or appropriate to interview all disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job.
- Full current driving license.
- Able to carry and lift bags of stock to 10 kgs.
- Be able to positively communicate with all customers, members of the public, work colleagues, and volunteers.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Have a positive and flexible approach to your work.
- Be an advocate for Age UK.
- Occasionally you may be required to carry out long drives, stay overnight, and work nationally.