This role is only for those who are living in the UKand require a Skilled Worker visa sponsorship.
You must be willing to relocate to one of our Abicare office locations, Salisbury, Bradford on Avon Swindon or South Wales. You will be providing visiting care to around 5-10 clients in their own homes on a daily basis, so the ability to drive is essential.
You must be eligible to apply for a UK Skilled Worker visa.
At Abicare, we believe in providing high-quality care where people are looked after with dignity and respect. Kindness is what care is all about, so first and foremost, we carefully choose our staff for their kind and compassionate nature. We aim to care for, nurture and enrich the lives of all our staff, clients and family members.
Carers are often the first point of contact for clients, so you’ll need to be friendly and confident, with good interpersonal skills. You’ll need to be able to put clients at ease, helping them with their personal care while making sure they feel comfortable.
Care assistant jobs – also known as home care or domiciliary care jobs – are where you provide daily visiting care to people in the community. This usually involves helping someone with everyday tasks and personal care.
Due to the nature of the role, a full UK driving licence and access to a car are essential, as you will be travelling to visit around 5 – 10 clients daily.
Job Title: Salaried Carer (Visiting Care) – Skilled Worker Visa Sponsorship
Locations: Salisbury, Bradford on Avon, Swindon and South Wales (Monmouthshire)
Guaranteed, full-time, 40 hours per week – overtime available.
- £22,672 per annum
- Paid mileage
- Company pension scheme
- Flexible working patterns
- 28 days per year holiday pay (pro-rata)
- Career development opportunities
- Free uniform and PPE
- Paid training and shadowing
- Ongoing training and career development opportunities (nationally recognised qualification routes)
- Smartphone app to manage your daily tasks and pay
- On-call emergency support network
- Birthday day off
- Blue Light Discount Card to be used in high street stores and online
Successful candidates will be invited for a video interview followed by an induction plus training program at our head office in Salisbury.
Visa fees – You must pay the visa fee and any other fees required for the application.
Health and Care worker visa – Please visit the gov.uk website for more information about health and Care worker visas.
• Personal care: bathing, dressing, help with going to the toilet and supervision of medicine
• Bedtime and morning routines: help with getting up and getting ready for bed
• Food preparation and help at mealtimes
• Light housework: laundry, cooking, and cleaning
• Companionship and social interaction
• Social activities: visits to clubs and to see friends
• Errands: shopping and collecting prescriptions
The Ideal Candidate
The successful applicant will need a full UK driving licence and access to a car.
A good Carer is simply someone who truly cares – they do the job because they know they can make a difference to an individual’s life, injecting some humour into a day, helping with small chores that improve clients’ quality of life, providing reassurance where confidence is low and lifting morale during those lonely moments. Good Carers love what they do and go that extra mile, noticing those little extras that enhance your life.
We are looking for:
- Carers who will be naturally kind and caring, wanting to make a difference
- Willingness to learn and undertake online and classroom training, including the use of moving & handling equipment
- An understanding of what good care looks like
- Strong written and communication skills
- Individuals that are able to work independently and as part of a wider care team
- A calm attitude and the ability to think clearly when under pressure
- The ability to prepare simple meals and follow good standards of hygiene
- You must be able to work alternate weekends, early mornings and evenings
You will be expected to exhibit Abicare’s 5 core values (C.H.E.C.K):
C – Committed H – Honest E – Empowering C – Collaborative K – Kind